We are dedicated to the safety of our staff and guests during this pandemic. We have implemented additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols and guest service practices according to new industry standards. Please visit Kauai with Aloha and respect for the community in your hearts.
- Check in time is from 3PM, Checkout no later than 10AM. We are not able to offer any exceptions.
- Final balance will be charged to your card of record on the arrival day.
- Masks are required at all times when on the property away from your
- On Kauai, social distancing, hand washing and wearing of face masks are
required when out in public, in all stores and when going in and leaving
restaurants and bars.
- Staff is available on some days in the office but may be limited. Guests
are welcome to contract us on the after-hour cell phone 8 to noon or
other hours for urgent requests.
- We are happy to help where to go, what to do, however we are not
offering guide or hiking book loans or maps at this time.
General cleaning practices for all guest areas.
Your suite will be cleaned, sanitized/disinfected and rechecked by management prior to arrival. (Using protocols established by the Hotel Industry and Air B&B guidelines).
- Frequently touched surfaces such as, not limited to • Doorknobs and handles • Light switches / plugs • Remote controls • Tables • Fans • Lamps and clocks • Window parts and coverings • Keys, safes• Railings • Garbage cans and recycling bins • Sinks • Appliances • Kitchenware • all furniture • Toilets • Showers and tubs • Shower curtain change • hangers • Hair dryer • Vacuum, etc. will all be cleaned or washed as appropriate and disinfected.
- All common area touch surfaces such as, not limited to • Doorknobs and handles • Light switches / plugs • laundry equipment • deck Tables and Chairs •message board • Railings • Garbage cans and recycling bins • foot wash• smoking area, etc. will all be cleaned or washed as appropriate and disinfected.
Cleaning supplies and disinfectant will be in your suite for your use.
Experts recommend removal of all reading materials, throw pillows, extra linens, extra kitchen utensils, supplies, and similar items to ensure all remaining areas are properly disinfected.
Beach towels and chairs will be left on the deck or in the suite for use during your stay.
Mid-stay housekeeping services are suspended at this time for Vacation Rentals and In-room housekeeping is suspended for Inn suites.
On site coin operated laundry is available from 8am – 8pm daily.
Inn guests additional notes
Masks are required inside the Inn, except in your suite and while eating. Masks are also required anywhere on our property away from your room.
Breakfast will follow social distancing guidelines at the main table and side tables.
Breakfast menu may be limited during the learning curve.
A Classic 1930s Kauai Plantation House at Poipu Beach!
Completely restored Hawaiian plantation home with hardwoods, Kauai art yet in today’s air conditioned comfort. An authentic, traditional, Kauai Inn hosting Kamaaina Hawaii guests and those from around the world since 1979. Located on the sunny South shore of Kauai and just around the corner from World Famous Poipu Beach! Enjoy our 2015 short video or our full property video tour 2012 Island Getaways TV produced before the Inn renovations.
Situated on a quiet acre of Hawaiian gardens and a short walk from Poipu Beach Park, the best of all Kauai beaches, Poipu Plantation Resort offers a group of accommodations with air conditioning and best values for Poipu. The quaint property offers our wonderful bed and breakfast Inn with nine adjacent cottage style vacation rental suites with full kitchen, large decks and many other features. This is an ideal spot for vacations, honeymoons, weddings, family reunions and quiet time away from your busy life. On the small ocean front residential street, our location is close to surfing, swimming, snorkeling, hiking, restaurants, shopping, golf courses, tennis facilities, and so much more.
In the spirit of Aloha, a cheerful and friendly staff is available to answer any questions, and offer directions to hikes, other beaches and all points of interest. If you are looking for Hawaii discount car rentals, Napali boat tours, Zip Line and Kayak adventures, we offer reasonable rates and excellent Aloha service for our guests. We sincerely hope that you will accept our invitation to join our ‘Ohana of valued guests and friends who return year after year to enjoy one of the best vacation values in Hawaii.
Book Online and Save Time!
For quick and efficient booking, book your accommodations below.
Competative rates, options to fit every budget that all include the same great service with Aloha! This is an ideal location for walking to the beach or for sunset strolls along the coastline and to see the bright stars at night along our small ocean front street.
Check Our Discount Car Rental Rates For Kauai, Oahu, Maui and Hawaii.
Pristine, air conditioned, uncluttered bedrooms are decorated Island Style and feature hardwood floors, tropical furnishings and private bathrooms. Amenities include in suite wireless, ample parking, local phone service, full breakfast and housekeeping included in the nightly rate. You never pay an extra fee, simply room and tax is all we ask!
Common areas of the plantation home offer additional seating in the screened living room and dining area with some ocean views, tables and chairs and a small library for guest enjoyment. All interiors are non-smoking. In the island traditions, bedroom areas are suggested no shoes and slippers are provided. There are no cooking facilities for guests of the Inn, but take out is welcome in the dining area.
The Ali’i Suite is the most special with over 700 square feet of old Hawaii style. It boasts a hand carved four poster King bed, wood floors with rugs, high ceiling, sitting area around a Lava fireplace, spacious dressing and bath area with two person whirlpool tub, wet bar, quiet air conditioning, large TV, free island phone & wireless router with many other features. You will enjoy your own balcony to see the sunsets, bright stars and a peek of the ocean. Housekeeping will service your suite daily and breakfast is included from 8 to 9AM daily. $205 to $300 per night depending on number of consecutive nights.
This is the home’s original Master Bedroom with a spacious King bedroom with sitting area, desk, four poster carved bed, dressing room, a full bathroom with large luxurious shower. a private balcony includes chairs for those reading or star gazing moments. The suite also includes a small refrigerator that we keep stocked with juice and water, flat screen TV, wireless router, quiet air conditioning, fans, hardwood furnishings, hardwood floors and wonderful Kauai subject art pieces. Housekeeping will service your suite daily and breakfast is included from 8 to 9AM daily. $190 to $250 per night depends on number of consecutive nights and time of year.
Garden Bedroom Suites
The two Garden suites are bedroom size with carved hardwood Queen beds, desk and hardwood seating, private bathroom with shower, flat screen TV, wireless router, quiet air conditioning, ceiling fan, hardwood floors and wonderful Kauai subject art pieces. Guests of these suites have use of a shared refrigerator and free island phone located in the common areas of the house. Green views outside of several windows. Housekeeping will service your suite daily and breakfast is included from 8 to 9AM daily. Rates $165 to $200 depends on number of consecutive nights and time of year.
We also Offer Vacation Rental Accommodations
Poipu Plantation Resort property also offers affordable cottage style vacation rental suites. All of our vacation rental condos are equipped with a full kitchen, a/c, spacious deck and many other features. Please check our main website for more information.
Compare Our Rates and Suites
Ali’i Royal Suite
- All suites are single level units
- All suites feature quiet, efficient split air conditioning systems
- Free island phone in common area
- Coin operated laundry facilities
- Beach towels, chairs, hiking books, concierge service included
- View Key: S=Sunsets PO=Partial Ocean G=Garden
- There are no cooking facilities for guests – consume food or drink in common areas.
Our Inn Menu
The morning fare begins with fresh ground Kauai Estate Roast coffee, tea selection, Island fruit juice, and fresh Kaua’i island fruit.
Apple Banana & Macademia Nut Pancakes
Blended with Kaua’i Sweet Apple Bananas and topped with chopped Big Island Macademia Nuts served with Local and Maple syrups.
Island Style Eggs, Rice, & Sausage
Fresh Scrambled Eggs from Kaua’i Medeiros Farms, vegi fried rice, Sun-Dried Tomato Garlic Sausage, Toast or Roll with Local jam or jelly
Javed’s Own Herb Potatoes
Cubed and cooked with Fresh Herbs, Kaua’i Sea Salt, Colorful array of peppers with an aroma that fills the house. Served with our Scrambled Eggs, Multi-grained toast with Local jam or jelly
Fresh Eggs from Kaua’i Medeiros Farms and Ghee make for a yummy foundation. If Chef is Zorba that day, look for Fresh Spinach and Mushrooms, Black Olives, Feta with red sauce to top! and for the Vegged out daze, lots of colorful fresh vegetables from our farmers and friends!
Punalu’u Guava Bread French Toast
Guava Sweet Bread is flown in from Punalu’u Bakery on the Big Island and sliced thick in our kitchen. Dipped in seasoned egg batter and cooked to perfection, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Kaua’i Fruit and Rolls
A wildly colorful plate of island fruits is served with the ever edible Hard-Boiled Egg and Hot Out of the Oven, Fresh Gourmet Rolls in select flavorings! Best of the season may include Kaua’i Sunrise Papaya, Sugar Loaf Pineapple, Apple Bananas, Star Fruit, Mountain Apple, Rambutan, Lychee, Moya, Watermelon, Kula Strawberries, and more!
Chef starts preparing breakfast early so if you’re going to miss us or want starters only, please let our office the day before or leave a note on the table by 7 am.
Menu items may change at any time. Toast and fruits may be substituted with advanced notice.
Reservations & Policies
Aloha Guests! It is our goal that you arrive here on Kauai at the Poipu Plantation and are happy with your selection of accommodations. Please ask questions, we are glad to help.
Please select your Suite carefully and review all information on our web site. Discuss or email any questions with our office staff to be sure you understand what you are reserving and the views, location, facilities, amenities and services that are included. We respond as quickly as possible to questions and requests.
Contact us. All requests will be answered 7 days a week, no longer than 24 hours.
Telephone. 1-808-742-6757 toll free 1-800-634-0263 – Mon to Fri 8 to 3, weekends to noon. HST . Email us for availability. Please include Dates, #Adults, #nights, accommodation preferences and any other requests you might have.
Making a reservation
You may book online using the form above or request availability information, submit details via our Make an inquiry form, (requests are answered during business hours and at least within 24 hours). 50% deposit confirms most reservations. We will provide an authorization form for your approval prior to any card charges. Or call us: Toll Free 1 (800) 634-0263 (US and CA) or 1-808-742-6757 Hawaii Standard Time 8 to 3 Monday to Friday, 8 to noon weekends & holidays. We are glad to Courtesy Hold space a few days while you continue to compare and while you arrange your flights. Most reservations are then confirmed with a 50% advanced deposit.
Cancellation, Change, & Payment Policy
Covid 19 related travel restrictions.
Covid 19 related guest cancellation
Reservation cancellation or change policy for reservations made with a Covid 19 deposit credit
Standard reservation cancellation or change policy for most
December Holiday, Groups 2 rooms, 14+ nights
Groups of 3+ rooms
One- and Two-night reservations
- Prepaid and non-refundable within 89 days of arrival.
Ohana Long Term Reservation 21 + nights
- Initial deposit of $500 plus tax is needed to confirm a tentative reservation
- Deposit balance (50%) due no later than 6 months prior to check in
- Give us at least 6 months’ notice of cancellation or change, full refund, less $50, or ($1700+ less 3%).
- Give us at least 4 months’ notice of cancellation or change, one half of the deposit is returned, less $50, or ($1700+ less 3%). Full balance is required at least 4 months prior to arrival and is non-refundable unless space is re-sold
- Extra person charge is payable as they occur at $25 per night, per Adult, plus tax
- Credit card payments add 3% to any total.
Other important policy notes
We will do our best to be fair in resolving cancellations, but make no exceptions to the policies shown above, unless the airport is closed. Policies are in place to protect our occupancy since we cannot offer your space to others once you have confirmed a reservation.
- Refunds over $1700 are minus 3%
- A payment lost due to above will be returned if space is re-sold (all or part), less $50
fee. Contact the office for more details. Less night changes are prorated based on
above deadlines, plus a $50 administrative fee.
- Guests are encouraged to purchase travel insurance to protect your travel
- Accommodation name assignments are not guaranteed; accommodation type or
better is guaranteed.
- Less night changes are prorated based on above deadlines, less $50 administrative
- Less night changes are also subject to a rate change or non-acceptance if less than
minimum required nights.
- After arrival, there are no date adjustments offered. “No Shows” will be charged the
full value of the reservation.
- Any other changes not described above may be subject to a $50 fee and rate change.
- Any forfeit funds due to the above, may be returned based on the re-sale of your
nights or portion thereof.
- Any changes of the above policy must be approved in writing by the resort office.
- Be sure to show the accurate number of persons in your party. Limits are enforced for
- Adults only in bed and breakfast. No children or extra persons are offered.
- Please check-in upon arrival or the next morning if after hours. Arrival balance will be posted next business day
- Vacation Rentals always include standard cleaning upon departure.
Guests are responsible for additional costs related to unusually messy suites, kitchens, or damage due to negligence to the furniture, fixtures, or equipment.
Accommodation Notes – FAQ
- Check-in is 3PM, Check-out is 10 AM. Due to Covid policy, no early Check-in. Late check out is not offered due to pre-scheduled housekeepers and occupancy.
- Bed and Breakfast Inn suites are limited for up to 2 adult guests. Children welcome in Vacation Rentals.
- Bed and Breakfast Inn suites have no kitchen access. In suite refrigerator is provided in the Maile and Ali’I Suites. Food and drink may be enjoyed in common area dining room only.
- Daily housekeeping in the Bed and Breakfast is suspended due to Covid. Guests staying 5+ nights, linens/towels changed upon request.
- Nightly rates are plus state taxes of 14.96%.
- One, or two- night stays may be offered for certain dates, rates are higher to offset
housekeeping and services
- Discounts Jan to April 1 for 65+, ‘Ohana guests (return), active US military, Kama’aina
with HDL, nightly minimums apply.
- Guests are asked to turn off air conditioning whenever leaving. Management will do so
when guests forget. Oil generates the majority of Kauai electricity at this time. We strive to be environmentally conscientious using solar hot water, available biodegradable products, recycling program and conservation of water and electricity.
- There are no charges for standard housekeeping upon departure- included with your accommodation. Please wash all kitchen items used, empty trash, remove all food items. Guests are responsible for additional costs related to unusually messy suites, kitchens, or damage due to negligence to the furniture, fixtures, or equipment.
Kauai Activities Gallery
More About Our Great Location…
Take advantage of the many activities offered nearby. Deciding which beach to visit might be your most challenging task. There are swimming beaches, shelling beaches, sunset beaches, beaches with lots of activity, and beaches where you can be totally alone. Brennecke’s Beach is just around our corner, steps away. Poipu Beach, also within walking distance, is perhaps the area’s most popular spot, offering calm water swimming, good snorkeling, picnic tables, and outdoor showers. Beach towels, chairs, mats and coolers are in the office for your use at anytime!
Kauai Vacation Rental ID: 3003 | State of Hawaii Transient Accommodation Tax ID: ta 033815347201